Friday, October 30, 2009

What are your intentions sir?

Lately I've been thinking as if my life is on a stage. I'm not sure what caused this, but I'll just go with it for now. Recently, other male characters are on stage with me wanting my attention. So often, their intentions are unclear...which makes me anxious. (Just to set the boundaries straight, if you are not my boyfriend, I don't want you to play with my hair or put your hand on my back. Those aren't gestures that "friends" do often...so don't do it.)

While I'm acting and secretly waiting for my love to walk on stage, it seems like the wrong men just keep coming on. They walk in, dressed in nice clothes, and they speak with flattery. They smooth talk their way next to me, where they try to gaze into my eyes. Some of their intentions aren't good. One in particular leans in close, puts his arm around me, while practically breathing temptation from his mouth. It's a hard thing to push away...but deep down I'm still longing for that one...my "half an orange" as they say in Argentina. I'm longing for the man to share my life with and to become one flesh with before God. When will he come on stage? Will he ever?

Help me wait Lord. Help me to be content being single. Use the freedom of time that I have to be used for growth...and not longing for something I don't have. Help me to see the blessing in singleness.

1 comment: