Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Purpose

So, we got on the topic of God today in my HMXP class. We were supposed to be talking about the environment but somehow we got to talking about the rapture. In this class I am one of perhaps 4-5 Christians. Others are either atheists, agnostic, Buddhist, or still unsure if there is something higher. While people debated on when the rapture would be, and how we would be "raptured up" I sat in silence and wondered how my life would be if I didn't believe I had a loving Father next to me, constantly guiding me. Just the thought of it caused panic to swell over me. I thought about things like, "What is my purpose here then?" "Is this life all that I'm living for?" "Am I here to make a living, have a family, grow old, and die only to be forgotten?" How awful! I'm so thankful that that isn't true for me! I find such comfort in my God that has this crazy, unfathomable, intense, passionate love for me! I don't have to wonder what my purpose is. I am here to love my God with all my heart, all my soul, all my strength, and with all my mind. I am here to make disciples among all nations and to share this radical and ceaseless love with everyone. I am so thankful that I can find hope and purpose...and LIFE in my creator. My heart cries out to those who cannot say that. May I live my life in a way that will help many people come to know and trust the loving hand that is held out in front of them.

1 comment:

Grace said...

You know how sometimes you read something and it seems to come at exactly the time you most need to hear it?

Yeah. Thanks for this. : )