Monday, April 13, 2009

recognizing evil

The Evil one is taking advantage of my weaknesses. He is infiltrating my thoughts and keeping me from seeing myself as my Father sees me. It scares me. I don't know how to make it stop because his lies run deep within my soul. My adversary has kept me from seeing the beauty in myself. He's pulling me to a mindset where I don't love myself and therefore question why anyone else would love me. It's scary and I don't like it. He has made me unaccepting of the truths that are told to me. He's put up a shield around me, keeping sweet words sent by God from entering my soul. How do I make this stop? Only with my Father am I stronger than the Evil one. Without Him, I will be swept over and taken captive. My God, my God, don't let that happen. My face is turned to You, my feet are scrambling for You, yet these weights, these doubts, are holding me down. Set me free so that I can run to the safety in Your arms! Lord I need you!

3 comments:

T.J. said...

Take up the shield of faith, it extinguishes all the flaming darts (the lies) of the evil one.

How to take up the shield of faith? By being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see.

Simply put, prayer and the Word.

Joey Paynter said...

Dear one,

May you know your value from deep within and the source at which your beauty lies... You are perfectly imperfect and may you never think of yourself as broken... injured and in pain at times, but you are in that same moment absolutely perfect. May you never forget the mystery and beauty in imperfections and that often in the midst of our doubt and chaos that swirls around us... a deeper you will evolve. I believe it and and now... may you simply KNOW it as truth!!

voigt said...

One thing I am learning is to seek to be filled with truth. Light drives out darkness, truth drives out lies.

So often when I feel overtaken by darkness I want to analyze the darkness or fight it, but I am beginning to think that the best thing is to simply seek the light. To meditate on true things (like God's love) and that can be incredibly hard in the midst of things. Sometimes I have to find someone who can just tell me those true things or read the words of others who will.

Not that this is easy, but for me it seems to be a start.