Saturday, May 16, 2009
prayer after a wonderful day
I stand in awe of a great, wonderful, loving, passionate, marvelous, vast, beautiful, ever-present God. He resides within me. I am never apart from Him. He is at my core. The more I find out about myself, and about who I am, what I'm about, who I am to be, the more I find out about my God. The idea of that is incredible. It's exciting. In the past I have not been living. I have been blind and not really seeing. My eyes were not opened to His greatness nor His glory. This is a journey...not to be hurried or rushed, but to be taken moment by moment. THIS moment is the only real thing right now. Therefore I should live in THIS moment alone. Lord, fill me with your abundant love. Fill me with so much that I cannot help but pour out onto others. Heal me and my wounds. Allow me to accept who I am, the good and alll of the bad. Help me to accept that I cannot be perfect, that I am hurt and in desperate need of repair. Help me to know your one and only son. I desperately want to know him. I long for a relationship with him where he shepherds me. Help me be present in this moment alone, not worrying about the future, but trusting you in THIS moment. Help me to be genuine with myself and with others. Lord, I praise you. Your name is holy. You are wonderful. So very wonderful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment