
Last school year I went through a period of drought in my life. I longed for "someone who I could learn from and look up to...someone with a sweet spirit who has a HEART for the LORD." I talked to God about it occasionally, but it wasn't until about 2 months ago that I prayed and asked specifically that He would bring our lives together. Less than a month later I met that woman. Within the first hour of us meeting, I couldn't help but love her! You see...this woman is radiant. Her soul sings with joy at practically every moment. Her laughter is contagious and her happiness spills onto me whenever I'm around her. All she says points to the Lord. It's so beautiful to see!! When I'm with her I learn so much about life, about being a Godly woman, mother, and wife. From her, I've seen the goodness of God, how He can change people and how He can infuse hope into situations that seem hopeless. Because of her and her little one, I've been able to understand the Lord's sovereignty over my life more fully, and be able to confidently place the desires of my heart in His hands. I feel incredibly blessed to have her in my life and to be a part of hers!
Soon after, I prayed for friends who would want to spend time with me. At the time it was really difficult adjusting to my new environment -Winthrop in the summer- with some of my best friends gone. A few weeks passed and the Lord plopped a whole small group of beautiful friends into my life. Such an incredible blessing!! In an email I wrote to a friend recently I told her, "Their spirits are so sweet. They encourage. They laugh. They cry....and they support one another. They show me a great great love......From them I'm learning about joy, peace, and redemption among so many other things. They're intentional about getting to know me better and the things in my life...and I'm eager to get to do the same for them. It's really really good."
I've been so blessed.
With school coming just around the corner I'm not sure what will happen exactly with these wonderful relationships. I'm sure they will stay, but perhaps won't look the same as they do now. Whatever the change may be, I want to accept it graciously! A friend told me the other day, "I think you will find over time that life ebbs and flows...people come in and out...some are there for very specific reasons, some to teach us, some to be spectators, some to frustrate us, challenge us, some to inspire...some are there for a season, some are there for the day and others may be there for a lifetime...although this tends to be a fewer number." However short or long God has us in each others' lives...I pray that we continue to encourage and love one another...and that we will all seek to glorify the One who is so wonderfully good.
No comments:
Post a Comment