I don't have too much to share right now, but I will offer this sweet quote for the benefit of those who read this.
"A bird is not defined by being grounded, but by his ability to fly. Remember this, humans are not defined by their limitations, but by the intentions that the Lord has for them."
- William P. Young
I'd love to hear what anyone thought about this. :) It encouraged me a lot and made me look at my anxious thoughts and say, "You're so wrong!" The world constantly tells us we need a "plan" for what we are to do in 1 year, 5 years, 10 years...etc. While I do think that plan makes you think ahead, I also think it's CRAP. I'm tired of getting wrapped up in worry about what I'm going to do with my life. I've gotten so caught in the requirements people tell me I have to have in order to do things. Recently, I became entangled in the vast unknown. I became afraid and frantic that I wouldn't be able to do anything....that God wouldn't...or couldn't use me and I would not be provided for. Lies!! Now, I know not to look at the limitations the world sets before me. That is not what defines me. The Lord has good and wonderful plans to prosper me, His child. And I find security in that. In the meantime while people still ask me what "I'm going to do with my life", I'm going to say I'm going to confidently say "I don't know". I do know what passions my God has given me, so I will work with those each day. I have a heart to love, a desire to serve, a longing to see freedom fleshed out in other's lives, a burning for justice, and a passion to see the Lord redeem the hurt. I'm excited to see how He will use me and my desires show Himself to others.....starting TOMORROW since it's late!
1 comment:
Or, you could say, "I'm going to obey my LORD, pray, and listen to His guidance through the Spirit. That's what I'm going to do with my life." :)
I love you.
Post a Comment